Comment on page
You may configure the health check feature and corresponding alerting for the App Service to get a direct notification in case your SCEPman instance is no longer responsive.
After you have configured the health check and Alerting correctly it takes some time until the alert rule works properly. It is because the metric Health check status needs some time to get the information and the dynamic alert rule threshold needs some time to analyze the metric.
- 1.Navigate to your App Service and on the left side scroll down to Health check
- 2.Now you can Enable the Health check, as probing path enter the following: /probe
- 3.Now you can click on Save, but keep in mind that this will restart your App Service
Enable Health check
To get an alert from our health check we need to configure alert rules in our App Service.
- 1.Navigate to your App Service and on the left side scroll down to Alerts
- 2.Click on Create alert rule
- 3.In your new alert rule, you will be automatically redirected to Add condition
- 4.Select a signal logic. Search for Health check status
Create alert rule
5. Now switch the Threshold to Dynamic 6. Set Aggregation type to Average 7. Set Operator to Greater or Less than 8. Change the Threshold Sensitivity to High 9. Select 5 minutes to Check every 10. And 15 minutes as the Lookback period 11. Click on Next: Actions
Alert rule condition
12. Now you need to Select action groups, If you do not have any action groups available, you can click on Create action group
13. Define an Action group name and Display name
Create action group
14. Next to Notifications and add Notification type 15. In the windows select Email and enter your email address that you want to get the notifications 16. Then click on OK 17. Enter a Name for the Notification type
Set notifications to action group
18. After that you can click on Review + create and then on Create to be redirected back to Actions in creating the alert rule, Next to Details 19. Now you must enter an Alert rule name, define the Severity, Enable alter rule upon creation, and Automatically resolve alerts. 20. Click on Review + Create, then Create
View existing alert rules