We offer three channels for our SCEPman web applications, you can find the actual artifacts also on Github. In order to receive updates from one of the update channels, copy the respective URL from below into the WEBSITE_RUN_FROM_PACKAGE setting of your SCEPman App Service.
There are two independent artifact hosts, GitHub and Azure (install.scepman.com). If one of the two should fail, you can switch to the other. Thus, there are two download URLs for each channel. Detecting the used channel when using install.scepman.com requires SCEPman 2.3, but apart from that also works with SCEPman 2.2.
- full released version
- function and load-tested
- bugs not expected
- next production release
- function tested, but no load-test
- bugs possible
- ongoing development
- limited function tested and no load-test
- bugs expected
- second-to-latest version
- function and load-tested
- does not include the latest bugfixes and features
We offer three channels for our SCEPman web applications, you can find the actual artifacts also on Github. In order to receive updates from one of the update channels, copy the respective URL from below into the WEBSITE_RUN_FROM_PACKAGE setting of your Certificate Master App Service.
To have full control over the update process and what artifacts are loaded by your App Service you can deploy your own Azure Storage Account. We recommend to use one of the update channels, so if this is not required, skip this section.
Follow these instructions to create a storage account:
1. Start at your Resource group where you have deployed SCEPman and click + Add
2. Search for storage account in the Marketplace search bar and click on Storage account - blob, file, table, queue
3. Your Subscription and resource group are pre-selected and you can start with defining Storage account name, Location Performance, Account kind, Replication and Access tier (Use settings as shown in the screenshot)
4. Go to the Advanced tab and set the Blob public access to Enabled
5. Click on Review + create and then on Create
6. After the successful creation of your storage account you can open the Storage account overview and open the Storage Explorer (preview)
7. In the Storage Explorer (preview) you can right click on the BLOB CONTAINERS and select Create blob container. Specify a Name and set the Public access level to Blob. After this you can click on Create
8. You need to reload the Storage Explorer (Preview) and then you can see your container under BLOB CONTAINERS. Now you can download the Artifacts from our GitHub (See Application Artifacts) and upload the artifacts here.
9. After the successful upload you can select your blob and click on Copy URL. You need this URL in the Part Change Artifacts (Application Artifacts)
To get continuous updates for SCEPman you can point a configuration variable to the maintained GitHub repository of SCEPman (Evergreen Approach). During every restart, the Azure Web App will do a check and a copy deployment if necessary.
If you want to have more control over the updates you can use your own location. (See Custom Artifact Location)
To configure this, do the following:
- 1.Go to your Azure portal
- 2.Navigate to App Services
- 3.Choose your SCEPman AppService
- 4.Then, click Configuration (submenu Settings)
- 5.Locate the parameter WEBSITE_RUN_FROM_PACKAGE and click on it
6. Then replace the URL in **Value** with the SCEPman GitHub URL (Evergreen Approach) or your Storage account blob URL you already copied:
7. Repeat the steps 1. - 6. for the Certificate Master AppService, which provides the same WEBSITE_RUN_FROM_PACKAGE parameter under Configuration. Remember to provide the CertMaster GitHub URL in case you are following our Evergreen Approach.