SCEPman Enterprise Edition only
This feature requires version 2.3 or above.
SCEPman Certificate Master lets you search, inspect, and manage the certificates that your SCEPman PKI has issued. It uses two different databases as backend:
- A data table in the Azure Storage Account deployed with SCEPman, and
- Intune's database of issued certificates.
Depending on whether you enrolled a certificate via the Intune MDM or through other means (e.g. manually with Certificate Master or for Domain Controllers), you should search in the one table or the other. You can reach both of them via the navigation bar on the left hand side of the Certificate Master web UI.
It takes up to 6 hours after enrolling a certificate via Intune until it appears in the list of Intune certificates due to delays in the Intune API.
SCEPman 2.3 and above allow storing certificates issued via one of the SCEP endpoints or via the REST endpoint in the Storage Account. This can be configured per endpoint:
Only certificates issued after enabling this setting will be stored in the database, and can be found and revoked manually! Manual revocation is an addition to the automatic revocation feature of SCEPman. For example, if you enable certificate storage for Jamf, a certificate will become invalid if either the corresponding object in Jamf is deleted or if you manually revoke the certificate in Certificate Master.
If you are in the Manage Certificates view in Certificate Master, you will see a table of certificates and some filtering options above the table.
Texts entered into the Search Box filters certificates with a full-text search in everything shown in the UI, e.g. the certificate serial number, thumbprint, Subject, Subject Alternative Names, and the original requester of the certificate.
For the remaining filters, there is the standard view that suits most use cases and allows quick and intuitive selection of filters. If you want to view a more specific set of certificates, you can enable the advanced filter to see additional filter options.
The Type of certificate filter is only visible when the advanced filter option is enabled. It allows to show certificates of specific types, which primarily determines to which type of MDM entity their validity is bound to:
- Static certificate have no automatic revocation. These are certificates issued via the Static SCEP Endpoint or via Certificate Master.
- User certificates are bound to AAD or Jamf user objects. If these objects are disabled or deleted, or the AAD User Risk is too high, the corresponding certificate will become invalid.
- Device certificatee arebound to AAD or Intune device objects or to Jamf computer or device objects. Deleting or disabling these objects automatically revokes these certificates. If enabled, certificates of this type also become temporarily revoked if the linked directory object get incompliant.
The Validity status filter lets you display only certificates whose ValidTo date lies in the past (Expired), that have been revoked manually, or that are within its validity range and not manually revoked (Valid). Automatic revocation does not count for this filter, e.g. a device certificate whose device was deleted in AAD, but not manually revoked will show up only if you select Valid (or Any), although it is actually revoked and cannot be used.
You can also filter for the channel the the certificate was enrolled over with the filter Source of the certificate request. The specific settings have the following meanings.
- Certificate Master comprised the certificates manually issued via the Certificate Master web UI.
- SCEP are all certificates issued over one of the SCEP endpoints, but only if the certificate storage has been enabled on this SCEP endpoint. It also includes certificates that have been enrolled over Intune AND manually revoked.
- SCEP (Generic) are certificates enrolled via the SCEP endpoints Static, Static-AAD, and Domain Controller. This is and advanced filter and is selectable only when advanced filter is enabled.
- SCEP (Jamf) are certificates enrolled via the Jamf MDM. This is and advanced filter and is selectable only when advanced filter is enabled.